sejgirl

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gracious Uncertainty

I was just about to vent about what I consider a pending disaster: My CO says I am coming to drill this weekend even though my orders give me three days travel for my 17 hour drive to NC. Now I have 24 hours to get there. Oh, but my orders aren't even cut yet so hopefully my civilian job doesn't need those any time soon for my records...I am getting over an awesome sinus infection and know I will be doing a fitness test as soon as I arrive. Plus, I called about housing in NC and was told I will have to live in the bachelor's quarters (aka. not with my husband) as long as they have room for me, which they do.

I've been stressing for weeks, then I see what message I've had posted on the right upper corner of my blog for ages (at least in FireFox).

Gracious Uncertainty ...To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring. This is generally expressed with a sigh of sadness, but it should be an expression of breathless expectation...


Oswald Chambers
My Utmost for His Highest


I have to remind myself that God is in control. I struggle with giving him all my fears and I stress over so many things that should be/are in His hands. I often overlook everything that has worked out for this next journey. I got to spend three weeks with Aaron recently, his surgery went well, my new interim is going to do a fantastic job, my employer is willing to keep me in my position when I return.

Why do I fear "Tomorrow?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home