sejgirl

Friday, June 05, 2009

The Last Day

I was walking out the door yesterday as he was coming in. I looked into the kid's eyes and said "Thank you" as he held the door open for me. That was about the entirety of the relationship I had him. I had seen him around several times this past week and noticed his unique name, but did not know him. I did not know it was the last day of his life.

He killed himself this morning.

He was not one of mine, but I know this will effect them. We were still bonded together as a family even if we did not know him personally. Some will be participating in the service, but we will all be attending the funeral. We will be there to support his family.

Could I have done anything for him? Were there warning signs? Did he know today would be his last day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home