sejgirl

Monday, November 27, 2006

PFT

Most of you know I have been kicking around the idea of joining the Marine Corps Reserve as an officer. I have always been attracted to military service and considered joining the Air Force Reserve in college(my dad was in the Air Force). Since Aaron has joined the Marine Corps, I feel this is the way I should go if I do go into the service. Gotta keep it all in the family. With the crazy things happening in the world, I have a strong desire to serve my country as a member of the armed forces. I have been given so much and know I have much to give.

Last Wednesday, Aaron and I ran a PFT (Physical Fitness Test) together along with 3 other guys hoping to become Marine Officers. This was Aaron's final PFT before his packet is sent before the officer selection board later this week. If he makes it, I am very much considering applying for the next board. If he doesn't, we know this wasn't meant to be.

The Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test consists of 3 events. Pull-ups (flexed-arm hang for females), crunches, and a 3 mile run. A maximum score of 300 is possible, with 100 points available in each event.

I maxed out my flexed-arm hang at 70 seconds and Aaron did a personal best with 13 pull-ups. My crunches weren't so hot since I did sit-ups instead (oops) and only completed 92 in the two minute time frame. Aaron maxed out with 100 crunches and 25 seconds to spare. My run is the area I am looking to improve on. I ran a 25:32 giving me just 72 points. Aaron finished 3 minutes ahead of me and he was 2nd to finish in the group-I was last. My total score was a 264. A first class PFT (A minimum requirement to be selected for the officer program) is 225, so if I do choose to go before the board, my PFT shouldn't hold me back too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home