sejgirl

Friday, January 04, 2008

Cake




My sister gave me a new baking dish for Christmas, so I made a cake. I told Aaron it's counting as his birthday cake since I will be in the field the second week of February. It was great, except for one thing.



When I used a toothpick to see if the cake was done baking, it deflated in the center. Being the innovative one I am, I used a large amount of icing to cover the dent.



Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? Though I must say using a large amount of icing wasn't a bad fix...

4 Comments:

  • Sarah, I forgot to tell you not to use any Aerosol sprays such as Pam in your pan because it will might discolor the pan. Use butter, flour, or parchment paper instead. I am not sure why your cake had a bubble in it. I made a cheesecake with mine and it was perfect. I am glad you are using it. Dad loves his gift.
    bek

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, January 04, 2008 8:10:00 PM  

  • Becks,
    I used butter and flour. It tasted great, it just dipped in the center. Maybe I should just use half the batter.

    By Blogger sejgirl, at Saturday, January 05, 2008 7:06:00 PM  

  • Taste is the most important thing; looks are secondary. But I will research for you to see why. Acts such as opening oven door & yelling or stomping on floor so it shakes will also cause some cakes to fall. The pics really made my mouth water!

    By Blogger Mumsdwurd, at Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:02:00 PM  

  • How did you know I was yelling and stomping? The cake tasted great and this is what matters. I'll have to try again soon.

    By Blogger sejgirl, at Friday, January 11, 2008 5:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home