sejgirl

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Graduation #1

My sister graduated from college on Saturday! I am so proud of her. We had a great time with family and friends at her graduation. One of the highlights of the weekend was our family roots tour. I didn't even know until a few months ago that might great uncle (my grandma's brother) had been raised in northeast Oklahoma, only half an hour from my sister's college. My aunt and great uncle got together and plotted this roots tour where we would visit homestead sites of our family.
I learned that my great grandpa was a cowboy and my great grandma was a homesteader and a school teacher in a one room school house. We even visited the sight where my great-great grandparents homesteaded. I am wanting to research if they were a part of the Oklahoma Land Run of 1889.
I really liked how we followed the maternal side of the family. I am the oldest woman in my family (at 24) when it comes to direct ancestory. I want to keep this information alive for future generations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home