sejgirl

Friday, July 15, 2005

Midnight, Tonight!

The new Harry Potter book comes out at Midnight, tonight. Aaron and I will be at Wal-mart with the rest of the die-hards. I'm curious to see how many live in the middle of nowhere. Though, it's not like they have much else to do.
I just read a good article on MSN about what the next book will reveal. Here are some of the things I hope to see:

Who will be the next Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher?
No other subject at Hogwarts has been so rough on its instructors as Defense Against the Dark Arts. None so far have lasted more than a year. Harry himself unofficially took over the post in the last book, but with Dumbledore back in charge, a real teacher will almost certainly be appointed — and assuming Rowling doesn’t plan to bring in a new character again, it’s probably about time to accede to Severus Snape’s longstanding desires and give the job to him.


I think it is about time for Snape to become the DADA teacher. Think that will really stir some things up for Harry. I want to learn more about the Snape and James Potter too. And now that Sirius is gone, I wonder how things will pan out between Snape and Harry.
And what about Dumbledore? Why is he in this mess between Harry and Voldemort in the first place? I understand that he heard the prophacy first hand, but why does he care so much? I think there is a lot of speculation that he will be killed off be the end of this book or the next. I hope not, since I find his character so mysteriously intreaging. But, I think it would definately add challenges for Harry.
And then there is Percy Weasley and the whole Ministry of Magic. I think this has some amazing political thought throughout the evolution of the story.
Ron’s straitlaced brother Percy’s love of rules and order is leading him further up the ladder at the Ministry of Magic, and further into an embrace of officious authoritarianism that just might bring him dangerously close to the fascist philosophy of Voldemort.
Finally, I would like to see more about why Harry was most nearly chosen to by a Slytheran. I think there is much more to this and his ties to voldemort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home