sejgirl

Saturday, September 24, 2005

11 Miles

I ran 11 miles this week:

Monday- I ran an easy five miles with Aaron on the River Front Trail. The humidity was unbelievable. We ran it in 54 minutes. I was discouraged because thats about 3 minutes more than last week. Aaron reminded me that we don't look at the time on our easies. Still...

Tuesday- I worked out in the Fitness Center during lunch. I concentrated on my lat pull downs (3 sets of 10 reps at 70lbs) and arm curls (3 sets of 10 reps at 30lbs). The arm curls frustrate me because I've been doing the same weight for months now. I can't seem to move up. I am doing 60lbs on my tricep extendions and 44lbs on my bench press. I would think my bench press would be better. I mean. I can do 25-30 push ups no problem and I weigh more than 44lbs.

Wednesday- 3 miles on the River Front Trail with Aaron. It wasn't my best time at all: 29:30. Aaron wonders if our five miler is taking from our 5K time. He is hoping our bodies will get used to the extra milage and then we will start making progress again with our speed.

Thursday- I was lazy. Somehow I didn't have an extra shirt in my locker. I was so frustrated. After work, I did some pull ups at home. Aaron timed my flexed arm hang: 64 seconds! Six more seconds and I would max out the pull up section on the Marine Physical Fitness Test!

Friday- Lunch time was spent doing speed work. I ran a 9:30 easy mile. Then, 1 minute intervals of hard/easy for 10 minutes. I ended with and easy 10 minute mile. I was surprised my 3 miler was 28:30. Usually, my speed work effects my time the opposite way. I am hoping Aaron is right and that our times will start dropping as we get used to our extra milage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home