sejgirl

Saturday, September 10, 2005

This Week's Runs

Since Monday was Labor Day, Aaron and I did a long easy run on a trail. It was nice to get back into running and my Achillies hasn't been bugging me since I have been stretching more. I've been using some stretches recommended in Running Injury-Free by Joe Ellis.
Tuesday was the only day I was able to get to the gym. It was closed both Thursday and Friday. I did some work on Aaron's dumbells. Oh my word! I thought my arms would fall off! One thing about the machines in the gym is that they make you think your lifting more weight than you really are if you were to lift free-weights. I did some arm curls, wrist curls and then some push ups (20) and pull ups (3). At least it's something.
I was able to log a total of 11 miles this week in my runs. Wednesday I ran 3 miles in 28 minutes. I wasn't very happy with the time, it just shows me that I need some more training. Thursday, I did an easy 2 miles. Yesterday, I finished the week by doing some speed work. I did 2.8 miles. I would do 2/3 of a mile easy and then run up a hill with everything I had (almost), not stopping until I passed the crest to the other side. It seriously took me 1/3 of a mile to recover. I repeated this once, then finished with an easy 2/3 mile. It ended up taking about 28 minutes. Gotta love that. My speed work takes longer than my regular run!

Here's a looky at my path:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home