sejgirl

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

When I Grow Up, I Want to be A...

Last night, I was working at the Registration Desk registering last minute (classes have already started) students. A woman in her late 30s/early 40s came to my window to register and carried on the following small talk while I processed her paperwork:

Student: So, are you in school?
Me: Oh, I graduated already...
Student: Oh? What's your major?
Me: I majored in Elementary Education.
Student: Really? So, are you going to get a job soon?

I didn't want to break it to her that I actually am getting paid in my current postion. Nor, did I want to mention that I have a Masters. Do I seriously look that young? Or, is it that my position is not looked upon as a noteworthy profession. Actually, I am certain many students feel that way. Not so much when they realize I can make or break their graduation... :) I am completely aware that I am on the bottom of ladder, but you've got to start somewhere. I am 25, I work hard. I want to work in the field of education. This is a great start (pay sucks, but benefits aren't too bad), I want to keep moving up, but unless I get that "big break" it won't happen over night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home