sejgirl

Monday, July 18, 2005

Chapter 18

***Spoilers***

I just finished the first 17 chapters of HP and "The Half-Blood Prince." So far, I think:

The romance is hilarious. I didn't like the idea of hooking up characters before, but the way Rowling has done it is fantastic-must read the middle of page 313!

I'm definately worried about Dumbledore's hand. Are we being shown signs of his weakness to prepare us to realize his mortality. (If he does die, I don't believe he will show up as a ghost because of Nearly Headless Nick's statement in "The Order of the Phoenix" regarding ghost sort of being to afraid to die. However, I wouldn't put it past him to have some way of coming back or at least speaking to Harry in book 7.)

Slughorn reminds me of so many people. I love how each character is so distinct! Slughorn likes to be around the up and coming. Definately, describes some people I have run across in my life.

What is up with Snape? It is really getting hard to see how he is not with the Dark Lord. However, he may just be putting on a show for the Death Eaters to gain information. Still, this Unbreakable vow thing is getting me. And exactly what is Draco upto? If it's killing Harry, obviously he will not be killed and Snape would end up dying because he would have broken the vow. So maybe that's not the case. I suppose he could be trying to get his dad out of prison. Or, maybe he's going to kill Dumbledore and Snape ends up doing it! (gasp!)

Off to read some more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home