sejgirl

Monday, August 29, 2005

And Now for Plan 'B'...

So, I went for my second four-miler with Aaron this afternoon and had some serious tightness in my right calf 3 miles in. A couple times I felt a sharp pain and decided I needed to walk. The rest of my body was pumped to keep going, but I thought it would be better to walk than run for a while and have Aaron have to carry me back to the car. That last mile seemed to take forever!

Anyway, it looks like my schedule for this week will be getting some revision. I'm replacing my runs with swimming and cycling. I want to keep my heart rate up and keep the cardio part of my workout going. I'm definately not an expert, but I think laying off the running and hitting the pool will still be incredibly beneficial. I don't want to be a baby about injuries, so I'm doing whatever I can to prevent them. I will go for another run next Monday. Only six weeks left until the race and I don't want to loose any time. But if I kill my Achillies, I can totally forget about the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home