sejgirl

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fartlek

During lunch today, I had a major Fartlek attack. No, silly, a Fartlek has nothing to do with the Burrito I ate; it's a running term. A Fartlek is an interval where you push your hardest from one visible point to the next. This could be running from the end of the driveway to the telephone pole down the street, or from the living room to the bathroom...when the action is necessary. Today, I ran the mile-long campus fitness path twice around with these Fartlek speed bursts several times thoughout my run. I really liked how it made my run fun! I would run an easy pace then run as fast as possible from the fire hydrant to the softball field. Then, I would go back to the former pace. It was like when I was a kid. It was freedom. I wasn't constantly checking my watch for the best time. But I could tell I gained speed. And, I could feel the power in my lift off and strength in my stride. I loved it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home