sejgirl

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Like Ridin' A Bike...

Today, I replaced my 3 mile run with a 10 mile bike ride. I've read that riding a bike is about a 3:1 ratio to running. So, this is a pretty close. Yes, I am still paranoid about my Achillies!
Except for the first and last mile, I averaged a 13/14 mph pace. We live about a mile from the Katy Trail which is nice hard-packed gravel. It used to be Kansas/Texas/Missouri Railroad. So, hills are an easy grade. And it is beautiful! The real workout is getting back to my house. I swear the hill I have to climb is a 45% grade. It's killer! It seriously took me like 5 minutes to catch my breath after climbing that thing. But, I never got off my bike. Going down it is wild! I've hit 34 mph before and I just ride a lowly Walmart mountain bike.
It was a good ride. I could tell it really worked to cardio. Though, I am still wondering how I got rocks in my helmet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home