sejgirl

Friday, July 28, 2006

More of the Apartment Hunt

We still haven't heard any word yet about the apartments we applied for. They just got the last of our paperwork yesterday (thanks to Aaron's Marine checking account taking forever to respond...). In all of this (living with Aaron's parents for 2 years, Aaron being gone for six months, Aaron not finding a job) I am beginning to believe this journey, this particular instance in our lives is about finding patience and contentment.

I wildly resisted moving to MO and especially living with the in-laws. Neither of us ever expected the arrangement to last this long. In fact, most of our belongings and wedding gifts are in boxes, some never unpacked. We are not living our lives in a holding pattern, though sometimes it may seem that way. We are definately moving forward and I think much of this time is preparation for the future.

A few weeks ago I heard a sermon from JK Warrick (a man near "pope" status in the Nazarene world). JK spoke about the wilderness, specifically referring to Psalm 53 when David was hiding from Saul. Though David was in fear for his life and in circumstances he did not necessarily bring upon his self, he had two choices about how he would come out of this 'wilderness' or difficult time in his life. He could choose to become better or he could become bitter.

I don't know what the future holds for me or for Aaron. I feel like the past two years have been a wilderness period in our lives for several reasons. As we near the edge of this rugged path I've begun to wonder if it will really be benificial for us if it ends. We have grown so much struggles and strife. Yet, do I really want to ask for more difficulty. No, not really.

Paul states in James chapter one to "Consider it pure joy... when you face trials of many kinds..." Trials build faith and perserverance. I don't find myself looking for trials. Nor do I truly desire to have any. Yet, when I find myself in the wilderness, I know Who to turn to, and I know I must strive to come out of the wilderness better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home