sejgirl

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Wildlife Conservation Part 1


Aaron and I went for a hike today at a local wildlife conservation. It was beautiful today. Sunny and warm, rolling hills and tall green trees. We hiked about 3-4 miles. It rained all during the week so the creeks were pretty swollen and the trails were sometimes muddy. I love water and the squishing of mud under my boots. So that was an added bonus.

My pack had two hydration packs totaling about 5.5 liters of water, 20 oz. of Gatoraid, a first aid kit, our Glock, and some snacks. With my pack and my boots, I was about 20 lbs heavier. Just past the halfway point, I decided to switch packs with Aaron. He filled his with all kinds of stuff so it weighed about 30 lbs. I carried it about 1 mile. It wasn't too bad until we started a steep descent. My body just wasn't used to the extra weight and I sunk into the mud farther than I expected.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home