sejgirl

Thursday, April 24, 2008

What day is your birthday?

Aaron usually is the one to take care of our finances (for other chores of Aaron's click here) and set up our financial accounts. Tonight, he got locked out of my retirement account online, so I called the web technicians to reset my password. The customer service rep on the phone asked me some security questions before resetting my password. What town did you meet your husband? Okay, easy questions. What is your anniversary date? Uh oh... Aaron is male and dates are not his strength and he set up this account. Hmmm... what would Aaron say?

I told the customer service rep it might one of two dates. We got married the day before my birthday which may have been a bad idea because Aaron has been confused ever since. I told him the 26th was our anniversary, but it might be listed as the 27th. The rep said it was listed as the 26th. Bonus points for Aaron!

So, we got to the part where I was to reset my password online and had to fill in all my personal info. I reentered the information several times and kept getting an error message. I tried dashes with my SSN# and first name with middle initial, middle name spelled out, nothing worked. After about ten tries the customer service rep asked what I was putting down as my birthday. I instantly knew what was wrong. My birthday was listed as the same date as our anniversary. Maybe Aaron figured he would get at least one date right if he chose the 26th. He is always wonderful about celebrating both dates, so I won't complain. However, for fun I just might ask him if he knows what it is he's celebrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home