sejgirl

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bittersweet






I haven't celebrated Mother's Day in 8 years. Ever since my mother passed away in 2000, I haven't wanted to be reminded about what I've lost.

I still remember the day she died. I remember holding her in my arms and her not looking back. I remember feeling the life leave her body in one instant. In that moment I felt like I had come full circle. She had brought me into the world and I was there as she left it.

I often dreamed that she was still alive soon after her death. It's rarer these days, but I sometimes feel like she is still here. That she is a part of my life. And maybe she is through my sister and I. We are her legacy. I hope we use our lives to benefit others as she did. I hope through us she will live on through future generations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home