sejgirl

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Twice a Day

It's two months from today that I start my next school. I'm trying to get into shape as my school is supposed to be PT (Physical Training) intensive. I've been working out during my lunch break everyday, but I really haven't seen any improvements over the last 6 weeks. My biggest challenge is my run time. My last timed 3 mile run was 25:20 which is apparently dirt slow. I know I can run faster, but it's just not happening.

So, I thought I would up my base mileage and the easiest way to do this is to workout at lunch and then again when I get off work. Today, I did a two-mile fartlek run during lunch with various exercises at each quarter mile. This afternoon, I inline-skated five miles. Next week, I will be working on our satellite campus, so I will have to workout before work rather than at lunch as they do not have a gym or locker rooms (Not sure I would be doing anyone a favor by not taking a shower). I'll check in a few weeks to see is my run time improves. We'll see if I am motivated enough to start getting up at 0500 again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home