sejgirl

Friday, October 28, 2005

Registrar Camp Part II

Registrar Camp was great! I learned a ton about the field and realized that the issues in my office are shared with many others. I felt like everyone at the conference (at least the ones who actually came to the meetings) really love what they are doing and are happy to share info with others. I felt comfortable being a newbee with those who have been in the profession longer than I have been alive!
I also thought it was interesting that the Registrars of 4 year institutions have a lot of the same problems community colleges face. Everyone is pretty upset about the bill going through the House regarding transfer practices. It pretty much undermines all the hard work behind accreditation. Not to mention freedom of choice in the college's policy. I loved getting to speak with others who are using Datatel. It sounded like we were speaking a foreign language. It's so nice to know we aren't the only ones with problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home