sejgirl

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Race Day!

I was so nervous this morning! Today I ran my first 5K. About 300 people competed. It was really cold. I have been training in the heat for three months and between my last training run, Wednesday, and today the tempature dropped at least 40 degrees. I ran a 28:35. This is definately not my best time. I've run 3 miles in 26:51, so I conceivibly could have shaved a minute off. However, I figured for my very first race I should concentrate on pacing myself (maybe I was pacing myself a little too well). My goal going into this race was to be at the bottom of the top 3rd. I made it! At least in my age division.
Aaron did AWESOME!!! He placed 3rd in his age division. We entered this race hoping to get a little motivation for our training. We went to the award ceremony to see what type of people won races. We didn't expect anything. Aaron and I both freaked out when his name was called!
Here are the full results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home