sejgirl

Monday, May 19, 2008

Gossip

Growing up the definition of "gossip" was the Prayer Chain at my church. So-n-so was having some type of problem and it would be passed down the chain so everyone would know about it and at least in theory, would pray for the need. Often, my friend Angie and I would call it the Gossip Chain as our mothers' would spend more time on the phone talking about the "need" than praying on some occasions.

I have really been struggling with gossip lately and putting others down. I work with someone who has a personality that is completely different from mine. She is extremely sensitive and dramatic. Not too long ago, she had learned how to do one of my jobs that she will be in charge of while I am at my next school. I guess she thought as soon as she was trained that it was her responsibility. I told her I was capable of doing my job until I left for school. I guess it cut her pretty deep. She didn't talk to me for a week after that.

I thought it was funny. I told others about the incident and we made light of this co-worker's other dramas as well. There is some funny stuff that happens. But, some things that I have been said have been down-right rude. I never would have said things like this in the past. I kept issues to myself. I acted like an adult. I don't know why I have become what I am and I hate what I have become.

It's anything but living a Christ-like example and it's a struggle each day. Today was especially bad. The coworker I joke with is not a Christian and I doubt she thinks I am. Gossip has to be one of the most destructive means to the body of Christ. It tears others down. It is a reflection of a lack of acknowledgment of God. I just hope it's not too late to repair what's been damaged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home