sejgirl

Monday, August 11, 2008

Concrete

Today I will finish up the concrete package of my course. This has been the most difficult so far because there are so many details I keep missing. Our classes focus on teaching us to be the "planners" as opposed to the "executors." We spend most of our time crunching numbers in the classroom.

However, we've also learned we should never ask someone to do something we've never done ourselves. So, on Friday we built a 2 cubic foot form and poured concrete into it. I got to use the table saw and cut out the plywood for the project. It reminded me of working with (more like getting in the way of) my dad when I was little. Mixing the concrete was hard work, but a good experience. The end result was a 2 foot by 2 foot cube of concrete that we will blow up later on in the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home