sejgirl

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kayaking

I live about an eighth of a mile away from a marina which rents kayaks, so today a couple of friends and I went out into the bay. I've only ever floated down the Illinois river in the great state of OK where you pretty much let the current take you downstream and then drag the craft until you hit water again. There were waves in the bay and I soon found myself capsized and at the bottom of the bay. I put my hand down and touched the bottom. I was literally in one foot of water. So, I stood up, got back in, and went about it again. The water is still very warm around here, so I hope I can keep kayaking and hitting the beach through the end of this course. Yes, I am lucky and definitely enjoying this. If anyone is headed out this way, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home