sejgirl

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Personal Trainer

We are offered free personal training at school, so in light of my embarrassing 27 minute 3 mile run I decided to take this opportunity as a chance to increase my speed. Last week, I had an initial screening with Alex (my trainer) who ran me through a battery of cardio, strength, and body composition tests. At the end of the testing he said I look good on paper and he could not see why I can't seem to break a nine minute mile. Then he asked me about my flexibility.
"What flexibility?"
"Exactly."

Looks like my hamstrings are both tight and weak. Not a good combination if you want a good stride, which I definitely do not have. I meet up with Alex on my lunch break tomorrow for my first training session. He told me to expect a lot of stretching and strength training. I'm going to need to stretch out after tomorrow morning. On tap for physical training: Obstacle course, ground fighting, then back to the obstacle course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home