sejgirl

Monday, November 07, 2005

The Marine Corps Ball

Saturday night, Aaron and I went to the Marine Corps Ball along with several other potential Marine officer candidates and their wives/girlfriends. I've decided there must be some hotness prerequisit that marines must meet. Man! Or maybe it was the uniform. I just know I was surrounded by ultra hotties all evening! (Espescially my date!)
The ball included a social hour (I generally don't drink, but I decided to have a Sprite on this special occasion.), a formal ceremony with an awesome uniform pageant, dinner, and dancing. The ceremony was very traditional and has been passed down since the very first marine corps ball. The ball is a celebration of the USMC birthday on November 10. This year it's 230.
Aaron and I danced a little, but it was mostly some awkward shaking with some "naz-ercizing" mixed in. Yes, the lawn mower, the salt shaker, the shower, you name it. All the church camp greats.
I could definately see a difference between officers and enlisted by the end of the evening. The officers were still sober... Maybe they just know how to party. Everyone was really nice and it was really fun. Hopefully, next year Aaron will be wearing his dress blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home